The Kurilpa Performance Poetry Cup
Rules of Engagement.
1. Sign on from 1.45 pm. First on, first up.
Cup Heats start 2.30pm.
2. Props and musical instruments are ok and you can have assistants or performing aquatic mammals to assist you.
3. No strict time limit but try and keep it at the 3-4 minute mark.
4. There are two rounds.
An undetermined number of worthy contestants
will be selected to go onto the final round,
so have two poems ready.
5. The winner will be presented with the Kurilpa Cup,
$50 in unmarked bills,
a loaf of bread, a bottle of wine and a Book of Verse,
AND a handsome certificate suitable for framing or wrapping fish.
Runners up will get something nice in the way of consolation.
6. The Judges’ decision will be Arbitrary and Final.
They may or may not choose to explain their decisions
or utter some encouraging remarks.
7. The Cup is free to enter.
8. While “performance poets” will be assessed partly on their performance skills, contestants who are “readers” will be assessed on reading ability and vocal skills, eg. clarity, as well as their ability to make contact with their audience whilst reading.
9. Note; Performance Enhancing Drugs are allowed
as long as you share them with the Reverend before hand.
AND ONE LAST TIME, the address is:
THE OLDE CROQUET CLUB
91 CORDELIA Street, West End.
IN THE SHADE OF MUSGRAVE PARK